The Group holds information about young members and adult members.
Some of the legitimate reasons for doing so are to manage membership, member activities, badgework, training, qualifications etc.
The Group may retain membership information for varying periods to make sure of continuity (for example if you leave and then re-join) and to carry out our legal responsibilities relating to safeguarding young people.
All members and leaders have the following rights regarding the data held about them.
- The right to be informed – about what data is held and how it is used.
- The right of access – to request a copy of all information held.
- The right to have mistakes corrected. Do it yourself by editing your profile via My.Scout OR contact us.
- The right to have information deleted.
- The right to restrict processing – to opt out of marketing and so on.
- The right to data portability - to request data in an easy to read, commonly used format (Word, Excel).
- The right not to be subjected to profiling - any form of automated decision-making that results in a legal or significant effect on the individual. Ardrossan Scout Group will not use members data for this purpose.